All lots will close at the same time.
Bidding will be extended if a bid is placed on any lot near the closing time. The extension time can be found on the lot details page.
Our children have benefited greatly from the heifer lottery program at Bonanza and with our first online sale we would like to pass along their good fortune. All Juniors purchasing a female in the sale will receive a 10% discount. Animals must be transferred into the junior’s name.
Agriculture is deemed an “essential service”, cattle have been moving across the border with no issues. We are familiar with this process and have made 2 trips across the border in 2020 during Covid. Hills-Galore will cover all export testing if required. Each animal becomes the risk of the purchaser as soon as sold.
1. TERMS with the exception of the embryo which will sell in USD, the terms of this sale are cash, cheque, or wire transfer payable in Canadian funds at the prevailing rate of exchange on the day of sale. Buyers will be invoiced via email at the conclusion of the sale - all cattle will be held until settlement is made.
2. AS SOON AS AN ANIMAL IS SOLD it becomes the responsibility of the purchaser.
3. BIDS Every animal entering the sale ring will be sold to the highest bidder. There will be no by-bidding
4. DISPUTES In case of disputes, bidding will be reopened between the parties involved.
5. ANNOUNCEMENTS Errors discovered in the catalogue will be corrected by announcements prior to sale time, and such corrections will take precedence over the printed matter in the catalogue.
6. CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRY A certificate of registration duly transferred will be furnished to the buyer for each animal after settlement is made.
7. SHIPPING Assistance will be given in making shipment after the sale, but no risk is assumed by the seller. Expenses incurred are the responsibility of the purchaser. Purchasers are requested to furnish shipping instructions when making settlement.
8. BREEDERS GUARANTEE The terms standard with the Canadian Hereford Association shall apply. Beyond that: (a) All animals sold are guaranteed breeders. (b) All bred females have been declared safe in calf by a qualified veterinarian. (c) All of the bred females have been examined by an accredited veterinarian, giving an estimated length of gestation. The estimated gestation period shall be used only as a guideline to calving and is not a guarantee of actual service (d) All calendar year heifers are guaranteed open at time of sale. Any calendar year heifer calf shown and/or flushed by the purchaser is no longer guaranteed a breeder. Any animal that has not proven itself a breeder within six months after the date of sale, if, in healthy condition, may be returned to seller at buyer’s expense. The seller reserves the privilege of trying for a period of six months to prove the animal a breeder. The seller will replace the animal with another of equal value. All complaints regarding breeding difficulties must be reported in writing by the buyer to the seller within the time specified above and
any animal returned must be free from disease and in good health.
9. INSURANCE: Livestock insurance and/or transit insurance is recommended to be purchased by the buyer - We strongly recommend that insurance is purchased for full value.
10. DELIVERY: Hills-Galore will assist in getting your purchases to the new buyer, Hills-Galore will cover all export testing where required. Each animal becomes the risk of the purchaser as soon as sold.
11. HEALTH: All animals in the sale have met all necessary health requirements.
12. OBLIGATIONS: The above terms and conditions of the sale shall continue a contract between the buyer and the seller and be equally binding to both. Resale of animals following purchase in this sale shall constitute a separate transaction which is not covered by the terms and conditions of this sale.
USA Funds will be accepted at the current rate of exchange sale day and will be posted prior to the sale. The US dollar is currently at a premium in Canada giving our US customers added buying value